Adam Dant: The Return of London

Fun exhibition at St Martin in the Fields of drawings and limited edition prints by Adam Dent.

As I enjoy wandering around London I loved this show. Many of the works were maps saluting London’s theatres, lost rivers and squares  and included a new commemorative map to mark the 300th anniversary of the first foundation stone being laid at the church of St Martin-in-the-Fields.

I think my favourites were the one shown here called “Viral London” ie plague sites, how very timely, and “The Gilded Desert” which was an artistic map of Chelsea. I also like one of children’s games in Duke of York’s Square which was a modern on the Bruegel of children’s games.

Closes 12 September

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1