Bernard Cohen: Interiors

Bright exhibition at Flower Gallery of recent work by Bernard Cohen.

I liked these works but, I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I understood them. The commentary says that they layer motifs such as doors, paws, aeroplanes and railway tracks. They reminded me of those 1980s illusionistic posters where some people saw an imagine in an apparent abstract but I never did. I still remember a friend’s shouting as me “But look it’s Freddie Mercury”!

However I loved the colours and textures of the works. I’ve included a picture of the surface of one work to show how the dots all over the surface are like florets of icing. I want skirt made of a material of the pattern and colour combinations. The technique is meticulous.

Closes 22 May 2021


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1