Lot 5 Collective

 

Stunning online exhibition organised by Raw Umber Studios of work by the Lot 5 Collective.

 Lot 5 are a group of “classically trained figurative painters who believe in using skill, expression, and representation to create contemporary works.” I have been to a couple of their exhibitions before and love their work and their collective eye. I am sorry not to be able to see these works in the flesh but what a great way to display them and to have an exhibition in lockdown. I love the way the pictures as shown as a whole, with some also having a picture of a detail and a side view to replicate how you might first see them in a physical show.

 I loved Ben Laughton Smith, Dutch style still lives and Lizet Dingemans more misty ones. I remembered SJ Fuerst’s beautiful tiny portraits on old floppy discs as well as Max Mansbridge-West’s tender and more loose pictures of people especially “Alf’s Saturday Afternoon”.

 I think my favourite picture is Helen Masacz’s “How do you sleep at night?” a beautiful study of a slept in bed with white and striped sheets. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1