Tell me the Truth About Love : Queer British Art and English National Opera

Delightful evening at Tate Britain combining a viewing of the Queer British Art exhibition with a music provided by singers from English National Opera.

It was nice to go round the exhibition again as I had loved it first time round. There were some fantastic pictures in the show and it told some great stories. It was really enhanced by the lovely concert half way though the evening of works by Noel Coward, Ivor Novello and Benjamin Britten. The songs really complimented the pictures and the singers played out all the nuances in them.

I particularly loved a Noel Coward song, (We All Wore a) Green Carnation, which I’d not come across before and I thought I knew my Noel Coward quite well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1