The London Original Print Fair 2014

Fascinating selling fair at the Royal Academy focusing on prints with stalls from a wonderful assortment of galleries.

The prints ranged from fairly early ones such as some lovely Durer’s to contemporary work. As usual my favourites were from the early 20th century and in particularly there were some lovely ones by Nevinson, Nash and Duncan Grant. Of course there were a lot of World War I prints. I would love a piece of World War I art however the prices were telling me that I may need to wait until well after the anniversary!

I was fascinated by the fact that in some cases prints by an artist were actually more expensive than drawings by them. I suppose because they are finished art works whereas drawings are often a work in progress but I would have expected a work directly by the hand of an artist would be dearer.

I was interested to see prints which I have seen in recent exhibitions and realise that by buying prints (if you can afford them) you can own exhibition quality material.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1