The primitive hut : Le Corbusier, Cabanon and Roquebrune

Lecture at the Royal Institute of British Architects to accompany their current exhibition of Le Corbusier’s Cabanon .

The lecture was given by Arthur Ruegg, a co-curator of the Corbusier exhibition at the Barbican which I saw when it was in Liverpool. The lecture focues on Le Cabanon, a holiday house Le Corbusier built for himself on the Cote d'Azur, the only structure he built for his own use.

I must admit I found the lecture heavy going partly because I was tired but also because the lecture had a very heavy accent and I found it hard to understand all that was said. I probably needed to bring a bit more knowledge to the event. I did not get a chance to look at the recreation of the hut so I do want to go back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1