Progress

Exhibition at the Whitney Museum of American Art which brings together works from the Whitney’s permanent collection, highlighting connections between art and visions of utopia.

I must admit by this exhibit I was getting a bit tired and punch drunk! I hadn’t expected the Whitney to have quite so many exhibitions! Once you are there you feel you need to do them all, especially as it was our last day in New York, but by this stage the feet and brain were tired! For that reason I can only remember the highlights of this one not really anything about the theme!

Anyway my favourite piece was Paul Sietsema’s “CG Room” from 2002 which was a modern room resembling one of the Dutch box paintings of a room done within a box to form a 3D picture.

Review
New York Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1