Mimi Lauter: - Co

Calming exhibition at White Cube Bermondsey of new work by Mimi Lauter.

The title comes from a Hebrew word for spirit, wind or breath and the commentary said the work is inspired by the natural world and the cyclical rhythm of plants.

These were large pictures, often arranged in groups which at first look felt like abstract landscapes but then I started to see animals and birds in them.

I loved this large grouping which felt like an altarpiece to me in its gold colouring and arrangement of panels. However this was probably as much to do with me as a viewer!  You can take the girl out of the Renaissance etc!

I also liked a pair in a lovely rich dark turquoise which felt a bit Klimt like.

Closed 14 May 2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1