In Transformation

Beautiful display at the Victoria and Albert Museum of work by artist in residence Rebecca Stevenson.

These works are being made in response to the current Donatello exhibition and are displayed in the gallery usually devoted to his work.

They were mainly exquisite sculptures in wax, I assume alluding to the practice of many sculptors to make wax models either as part of the bronze casting process or as a guide for carving.  I’d seen the Donatello show and they are an elegant response.

As it is work in progress there was little explanation of the pieces which was a shame but I am hoping I’d I go back nearer the end of the residency there might be more information.

Closes 14 July 2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1