David Smith : On View- Selected Works

Annoying little exhibition at Hauser & Wirth of work by David Smith.

I say annoying because there was no information on it. When I asked about a press release or web page the person on the information desk said there wasn’t one as it was a temporary display.

A bit of Googling told me Smith was an Expressionist sculptor and the centre of the display was a selection of interesting standing and hanging work.

Around the edge were works on paper which I would like to have known more about. I’d done a talk recently on the Surrealist roots of expressionism and I felt they fitted in with that idea but who knows as there were no labels or commentary.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1