Worlds Beyond : Group Exhibition

Mixed exhibition at Unit featuring contemporary artists working in abstracts.

The commentary described this as a group show which “guides viewers through an immersive experience that connects form and space”. I’m not sure I got that although for a while I did think the building noise coming from a room next door might have been part of it.

I’m afraid I didn’t relate to the paintings in the show. I liked their bold colours but found them a bit impenetrable.

I much preferred the textile work which seemed to lend itself to abstract ideas. My favourite was Allison Reimus’s patchwork quilt like pieces which had a geometric abstract effect. I also liked Betty Leung’s more sculptural work -and how she used specifically printed fabric for them.

Closed 3 February 2024


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1