Anita Klein : Ceramics

Joyous exhibition at Eames Fine Art of ceramics by Anita Klein.

I know Klein as a printmaker so was delighted to find she also does ceramics in her vibrant colours with comfortable female figures. I noted a number reflect the prints I saw in her last show about swimming during lockdown.

It was strangely a good pendant to the Antony Gormley which just staggered out of, as that was all about the male body expressed in a male way whereas this was about the female body as only another woman can express it. You look at them and image what it feels like to be that person.

I liked the vases and large platters best as they gave more space for the figures but I also like miniature vases of female heads and shoulders with a hole in the top of the head for flowers which continued the composition.

Many thanks to the lady who was still setting up for letting me stay once I’d barged in and for chatting when I couldn’t contain myself from talking about the work.

Closed 28 January 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1