Hats and Shadows

Lovely display at the Sam Wannamaker Theatre at the Globe of work by Rutgers BFA theatre designers from New Jersey, USA, who are currently in residence there.

I was a bit confused as I saw a similar show at the Globe last year. I assume this was by a new intake of students but that wasn’t clear.

Costume design and costume technician students had to design and create a cocktail hat that embodies a Shakespearean character which would work under candlelight. My favourite was this one for Lady Macbeth.

My favourites though were by scenic and lighting design students who created small open boxes of a scenery design which, when you pressed a switch, produced a shadow on the back which was stunningly created from the shadow of the scene in front. My pick this year was this one of Bottom.

No end date given but it had disappeared by next visit in February 2024. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1