Malorie Blackman : The Power of Stories

Interesting exhibition at the British Library on the children and young persons’ author Malorie Blackman.

I must admit I don’t know her work, as I was a bit old to be her target market, but I still found the show fascinating. In telling her story it told the history of writing and publishing by black authors since the 1960s.

I liked the section on her motivation and how, as an avid reader as a child, she realised that there were few books in which she saw people like her. It also explained how she went into scriptwriting after a poor adaptation of one of her books.

There was another section on her Noughts and Crosses series discussing different editions and the tv adaptation. I was intrigued and it made me want to go back and watch the show.

Closed 25 February 2024

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1