Tessa Lynch: Painter’s Table

Interesting exhibition at the Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art of new work by Tessa Lynch.

The commentary said that the work mimics the objects and scenarios we see on our daily commutes.

I loved the two Perched works which wrapped a brick patterned webbing round a steel frame giving the impression of brick ledge. The main piece was a long low table in shades of pink. I liked it but I wasn’t too sure what it was about.

I liked some pieces which seemed to be proposals for public sculptures but wasn’t sure if they were just art works in their own right or if there were plans to make them. I do hope there are real plans they’d look great on a large scale in a public space.

Closed on 19 June 2016

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1