Guan Xiao: Flattened Metel

Confusing exhibition at the ICA of work by Chinese artist Guan Xiao.

The commentary says that Guan explores how ways of seeing are influenced by the digital age but I must admit I wasn’t getting it! However I did like some of the work such as a video installation called “Action” which was a triptych screen showing image of classical sculpture alongside modern faces. Very relaxing and contemplative. However I’ve just looked as the press release and I think there might have been more than I saw! Can I make my plea again for short videos in art shows!

I loved the huge foot in a sandal with the screaming Beatles fan but I have no idea what it meant!

Closed on 19 June 2016

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1