River people

Interesting exhibition at the Institution of Civil Engineers of photographs by Matthew Johnson relating to the River Thames.

The show took works from two collections. “River People” was portraits of community figures on the river and I was delighted to spot one of one of my Thames Clipper chaps, Peter Haining who I discovered was also a world champion rower. The portraits were good but tended to be from an expected view point. I would have liked them to have had a bit more edge.

I preferred the other pictures, in a series called “Superhighway” and time lapse river landscapes with a number of shots overlaid to give an overview of traffic on the river. I loved one of the Thames Barrier.

Closed on 3 June 2016.

Reviews
Evening Standard

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1