Richard Tuttle: I Dont Know. The Weave of Textile Language

Retrospective at the Whitechapel Gallery of work by Richard Tuttle, a companion show to his current installation at Tate Modern.

I had liked the Tate installation but this left me a bit cold. The commentary to the pictures was by him, often in poetry form, and I found it didn’t explain the work to me so I was a bit confused.

I liked the wires which had been stretch along a line drawn on the wall and then released giving an image of three lines, the original, the wire and the shadow of the wire. However I did find the three inches of rope nailed to the wall a bit silly and would personally have hovered up the bits of string on the floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1