Richard Tuttle: I don’t know – The weave of textile language

Interesting installation in the turbine hall at Tate Modern by Richard Tuttle.

In the commentary it says Tuttle is interested in everyday materials as well as being a collector and historian of textiles.

I thought the cleverest thing about his installation was that it was shaped like a wave turbine, get it?! It looked like a beached whale in the air. I wasn’t too sure about the swathes of material on it and what they meant but they looked good in the photos I took! I guess the long red piece was something to do with blood but I’m not sure. I was interested to see that he had had them woven in India. I wanted the whole thing to move, even if it just bobbed up and down to give it some extra dimension.

There are more pieces in this show at the Whitechapel Gallery and I hope to get along if I have time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1