Bloomberg New Contemporaries

Annual touring exhibition currently at the World Museum Liverpool which seeks to show emerging talent in the contemporary art world.

This was a nicely arranged show with screens of video art round the edge and painting and sculpture in the middle. The quality was a bit mixed and I am afraid while going round a show I don’t really have the time or inclination to watch 20 plus video works.

My favourite work was an Art Nouveau style wall plaque by Bee Flowers called “Flow Body I”. It was a really beautiful elegant piece and therefore slightly out of place!  I also liked Rachael Crowder’s “How to dress” which consistent of a silk flag with a male torso on being blown gentle by a fan and grapes. I’m not sure I understand but it was rather lovely.

Although I have been rude about the video art I did like Marco Godoy’s work as you came in which set slogans from Madrid rallies to music by Purcell and sung in a theatre by the Echo Protest Choir!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1