Designer Bookbinders’ Exhibition

Interesting exhibition at Liverpool Central Library of book bindings contemporary designers.

I must admit the best thing about the show was the chance to look round the newly built/refurbished Liverpool Library which I remembered from 3 weeks work experience there in 1985! The display cases were in the older areas of the Hornby Library and Picton Reading Room. Note to self, don’t up zip your handbag it he middle of the Picton Library it’s got an amazing echo!

The bindings were fascinating. I loved Stuart Brockman’s watercolour of Oxford by the book of the same name by John Curtis.  Also Angela Jones’s “ABC tour of Wales” bound in pastel stripes of leather. I just wish I could commission some fancy bindings for where I work now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1