Grayson Perry’s Photograph Album

Charming exhibition at the Photographers’ Gallery looking at a private photo album of Grayson Perry’s from when he was at Portsmouth Art School and developing his female persona of Claire.
 
Unlike the current flamboyant Claire this was a subdued, suburban version in 1980s clothes and I could see me and my friends in her. I loved the fact the album itself was the same as my own from that period with pictures held in with silicon sheets which had lost their stickiness so the pictures are now curling up and falling out.
 
I liked the fact there were copies on the walls as well shown again 1980s wallpaper and an AV of the page turning. A lovely insight into a specific time in an artist’s career.


Closes on 3 June 2018



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1