Charles I and II: Father, son and the Great Collection

Interesting workshop at Conway Halls organised by the London Art History Society looking at the current exhibitions on the collections of Charles I & II.

The day was led by Clare Ford-Wille and took us through both exhibitions with an excellent hand out highlighting the main works to look out for and to use in the shows. However I’d hoped for more of the narrative behind the shows. For example I’d have liked to know more about Charles I purchase of the Matua collection and what it contained plus more on how Charles II went about reclaiming objects from his father’s collection. She touched on these topics but only where the shows did and not in a chronological way.

I’ve not seen either shows yet but can’t wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1