New Order II : British Art now

Interesting exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery of thirteen contemporary British artists.

There was some nice work in this show and I would pick out Martine Poppe’s Analogical Change series, a group of oil painting on polyester restoration fabric giving a misty out of focus effect to the large works. I also like George Little’s “The Moveable Set” a picture of an interior made up of a 3D effect table and a garden outside.

My favourite though were the eerie sculptures by Virgile Ittah of life like, slightly decaying figures, made of wax, marble powder and fabric.

However I do have a gripe! There are some artist I didn’t get to see as the room they were in had been given over to another show. Much as I enjoyed this show, it was very annoying not to see the whole of this show! This has happened to me before at the Saatchi Gallery and it took me three visits once to see the whole of a show. Please stop doing it or at least advertise the fact on your website.

Review
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1