Inverted House

Installation in the Project Space at Tate Modern by Tina Gverovic and Siniša Ilic following a two week residency at the Museum.

OK I have to admit I didn’t get it! There were as series of small pictures, an arrangement of chairs and oddly painted walls. According to the blurb on the website it “considers key questions of museum function, social interaction and the potential of collaborative conversation” but I am none the wiser.

I assumed the idea was to create a confused space around you but compared to the Sensing Spaces show at the Royal Academy which I saw the next day it didn’t really do that.  The pictures were interesting but I didn’t really see how they worked together or really see what they were saying.  It looked more inviting from outside so maybe it should have been left as a sort of shop window!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1