Derek Jarman : Pandemonium

Interesting exhibition in the Inigo Rooms at Kings College based at Somerset House marking 20 years since the death of Derek Jarman.

This was a very innovatively displayed exhibition which took you from his early influences to his later films and the garden at Dungeness. I was fascinated to see how interested he was in all things Medieval and that made me understand some of the later work better. I also loved the note books he’s kept for projects detailing his ideas and the creative process.

I liked the section on his work in Docklands before its redevelopment and the artistic community which grew up there. Some of the photographs reminded me of the Whistler exhibition at Dulwich which I’d seen a few weeks ago. 

Review
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1