Behind the mask

Fabulous exhibition at Somerset House of photos of actors by Andy Gotts to mark the EE British Academy Film Awards next weekend.

These were amazing photos. Shown in a big format they showed every detail of the actors faces as well as capturing their personalities. I was stunned by the picture of Billie Whitelaw which showed every hair on her hair and every wrinkle. It was a wonderful study of the beauty of an older woman. I have to admit though my favourite was the Brad Pitt I’ve attached. Not the greatest photo but it stopped me in my tracks!

The whole thing was so good I bought the catalogue and I was also luck enough to bump into the photographer and have a good chat to him about the exhibition and some of the people in it. Spoiler alert : This was so much better than the David Bailey exhibition!

Review
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1