Hahn/Cock


The latest public sculpture on the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square by Katharina Fritsch. 

I am not too sure what its saying and have read the reviews which talk about it being a masculine statement about French pride in a square which commemorates a French defeat. I just know I like it! I wasn’t sure about it in the exhibition which showed the contenders but as with the boy on the rocking horse I was wrong. Once produced on this enormous scale and when you see the detail and almost feel the colour it is wonderful!  I saw in on a lovely sunny day with the blue zinging off a blue shy but look forward to seeing how it works on darker days. 

Only the British though could erect a big innuendo in one of its main squares!

Reviews
Guardian


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1