Club to catwalk : London fashion in the 1980s

Nostalgic exhibition at the V&A on how 1980s catwalk fashion was influenced by the clun scene. Nostalgic because I felt in a few cases I was still influenced by the clothes on show and maybe I should move on!
 
The exhibition was beautifully arranged with ground floor looking at the theme of the decade with sections on knitwear, the use of pattern, denim jackets and the main designers.

The upstairs then looked at the various club trends such Hard Times, Gothic, New Romantics and High Camp. There were lots of outfits worn by Leigh Bowery and an Adam Ant costume. It was great to be able to walk round the outfits and see them form all angels although this did sometimes make it hard to match the commentary to the outfit.

I left wishing I’d been Glam Fetish but I think I was more New Romantic/Goth!

Review
Evening Standard

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1