Cloud illusions I recall

Strange exhibition at Irish Museum of Modern Art in Dublin exploring art and cinema.

OK I have to say this is one of those exhibitions I just didn’t get! I am not that into avant guard cinema so all the illusions and parallels passed me by! There was so little in the basement, ie one neon sign, that a number of ladies were heading hopefully towards the toilet thinking that must be another room of art.

However I did rather like the photographs by Lady Clementina Hawarden. These were lovely Victorian photographs with people posed in tableaux. I have no idea what they were saying about cinema but they were nice and reminded me of Julian Margaret Cameron.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1