Close to HOME

Interesting selling exhibition at the Royal Academy of work by eight artists born or based within eight miles of the RA.

The show was curated by HOME by Ronan McKenzie which creates more space for BIPOC artists based in the UK. I admit BIPOC is a new term to me and it stands for Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour. You learn something new every day.

The standout piece for me was this lovely portrait by Tonique Sewell which was the most conventional work. I also liked an abstract with surveillance cameras by Tasneem Elnayal.

Another new idea for me was the crocheted painting by Emily Moore, maybe I should have redirected my Nan to this rather than the endless blankets.

Closed 25 June 2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1