Andrew Millar : Hidden Visions

Interesting exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery of new work by Andrew Millar.

I’m not sure I understood how the works were made but I loved their delicate finish and reputation of images which  the commentary said reflected the rhythms of nature.  They used a gilded technique developed by Millar over the last 20 years. They are created using a combination of Polaroid instant film, precious metal leaf and other materials.

There were also two interactive works which were fun. I loved the video one which was made up of a kaleidoscope of lights which reacted to you moving in front of it. I told a gentleman next to me it was interactive and he looked dubious but I looked back to see him doing a selfie video and smiling.

Closed 16 July 2023


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1