Collect Art Fair

Luscious fair at Somerset House organised by the Craft Council showcasing contemporary craft and design.

This fair was full of beautiful things and was accompanied by a useful catalogue. The core of the show was a series of rooms taken by various craft galleries and organisations. I seemed to be drawn to the glass, possibly because I went on a lovely sunny day which showed it off well. Other work I liked included beautiful pieces made of paper by Su Blackwell, a room of jewellery and other gold and silver items from The Goldsmith's Company and some tapestries of landscapes in the Craft Scotland room.

The most interesting rooms were those for the Open Collect project which invited a platform for artists to showcase an ambitious project. I loved these cakes shown at the bottom of the blog by Sarah Brown which are made of glass. I had a good conversation with Belinda Coyne who had done a series of enamel plaque called "Lost Paths" of landscapes which feature unrecorded historical rights of way.

I managed to resist the temptation to buy anything mainly because most pieces were well outside my price range but I'll be hanging onto the catalogue ready for the lottery win!

Closed 5 March 2023


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1