We

Lovely new public sculpture on the upper level of London Bridge station by Jaume Plensa.

I found this by chance when catching a train. I was drawn towards it to find out what it was. It is outside the station and is in two parts. The main figure is outside in the Shards Piazza and it speaks to a head and shoulders version hanging over the escalators down to the lower level.

The figures seem to be made up of a filigree of letters and checking the website I learn they are from seven different alphabets. I like the way they look solid and yet you can see the urban environment around them through the work. As you can see the photo when I was there a small child was enjoying playing inside the main figure.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1