Light Years: The Photographers’ Gallery at 50

Fourth show in a series of exhibitions at the Photographers’ Gallery to mark their 50th anniversary.

I looked at this show thinking how interesting it was and how I would try to go to the subsequent shows only to look it up now and fins this was the last in the series and I’d missed the others as this was the first time I’d got to the gallery this year! Oh well you can’t do it all!

This show looked at exhibitions at the gallery using posters and archive material. It focused on four shows including Martin Parr’s “The Cost of Living” from 1989. How I wish I’d discovered this gallery a bit earlier. I came to it about 10 years ago.

Closes 1 February 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1