Will You be My Valentine?: Works by Natalie Gibson


Colourful exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum looking at the work of print designer Natalie Gibson.

Gibson worked for Jaspar Conran in the 1960s and taught at St Martins where many famous designers studied with her such as Stella McCartney and John Galliano. All the work on show was saturated in colour.

The room was beautifully arranged with a small room installation on one side and designs in a cabinet set out to look like a working studio on the other wall. Both were centred on a lovely portrait of her by her husband Jon Weallens.

I loved a quote from her on the wall “My house is full of stuff that inspires me, well that is my excuse for it anyway!” Oh dear she’s just described my flat!

Closes 2 June 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1