The Favourite Costume Display


Lovely display at Kensington Palace of costumes from the film The Favourite.

I loved the film and had though the costumes played a major part in the style of it. I liked the way they stuck to a black and white palette for the court and yet felt very varied. It was great to see a selection of them in a space that was used in the film.

I liked Sarah Churchill’s wonderful shooting outfit complete with fake blood still splattered on it. Also the dress and cloak from when Queen Anne addressed Parliament. I was amused to see that the lace on three costumes for a group scene at court was just printed yet looked really effective.

The politician’s parties were shown by the different colours they wore with the Tories in blue with white wigs and the Whigs in red with dark wigs. Can we bring that idea back please! The servants costumes were made from old jeans bought from charity shops. Up close you could tell and yet they are beautifully made.

Closed on 10 March 2019

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning
this article plus the rest of the website is also very good.

I’ll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find
your email subscription link or newsletter service.
Do you’ve any? Please let me know in order that I may subscribe.
Thanks. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this site.
It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that
"perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance.
I must say you've done a superb job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Firefox.
Outstanding Blog! http://cspan.co.uk
Anonymous said…
It?s difficult to find knowledgeable people about this subject, however, you seem like you know what you?re talking about!

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1