Designer Crafts at the Mall 2015

Tempting exhibition at the Mall Galleries of craft works by members of the Society of Designer Craftsmen.

I remember this show and many of the people who exhibited from last year. My favourite was still Kathryn Bonson’s ceramics. I bought a vase by her last year. This year’s work was slightly more figurative as well as featuring amazing landscape effects. I also liked Margaret Gardiner’s lustre effect pots.

There was a lot of amazing jewellery and I liked Fumi’s large flowers on a pearl necklace and Michele White’s rather art nouveaux organic work.

I am not so convinced by the textile work. It is very intricate and beautiful but I’m not sure what you’d do with some of it. I would have liked to have seen more work in wood. There was some lovely furniture but compared to come of the other materials not enough.

Comments

Richard Shock said…
Not forgetting the amazing (to me) marquetry designs on panels by Christine Meyer-Eaglestone. I'm hoping to be an exhibitor in 2016!

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1