Analemma: Fashion Photography 1992 - 2012

Quirky exhibition at the Photographers’ Gallery looking at the fashion photography of Viviane Sassen over the last 20 years but arranged like an installation.

The way these pictures were shown was fantastic however looking back I now realized I didn’t really look at the pictures only the display! The first section was a rolling set of image which displayed across the floor and into a mirror. The way the mirror was arranged it cast an image on another wall and then reflected that image too. OK I admit I don’t understand and spent a long time standing trying to work it out, hence not looking at the actual pictures!

The second section was a more conventional rolling image of the pictures but I think I was still too busy trying to work out the first room to take much in!

Review
Evening Standard

Stop Press
When I added the tags for this article I realised I had seen a very similar exhibition of Vivianne Sassen's work in Edinburgh just over a year ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1