Dock 2014

Huge installation at Tate Britain by Phyllida Barlow.

I loved the way it filled the space of the Duveen Gallery. Your instinct looking from one end is that it’s big but as you walk down you realize there are more pieces filling the space behind the first one. I liked the sense of weight the first piece had yet when you look closely the large hanging metal looking boxes are made of foam and polystyrene. When I was there people were enjoying having their photo taken with it pretending to be lifting up some of the blocks.  I wasn’t so sure about the big cardboard pillar with coloured tape round it!

I must admit I have no idea what it was trying to say and I could hear a particularly tidy friends voice in my head saying ‘messy’ at the pile of wood in one corner but generally I liked it!

Reviews
Times
Telegraph
Evening Standard

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1