London Design Festival at the V&A

Selection of displays at the V&A marking the London Design Festival.

This was a fun set of displays and installations all over the Museum looking at contemporary design. I was fascinated at the film looking at how a foot in a high heels reaction when it steps onto different surfaces. This had been used to design a new support for a shoe but was also really compelling to watch although I found myself wincing at the slippery surfaces!

I also liked a moving sculpture of a skull made with a liquid which reacts to magnetic fields. This meant that the liquid crept up the skull, formed peaks and then ran away again. Smoothing if a bit creepy! There was also a dinner party set up in the Norfolk Music Room and an display of the design process at Alessi which included all the components of some of their iconic products.

I think I got round about half the displays in an afternoon and was pleased I’d spotted this was on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1