Community day at Firepower

Open day at the Royal Artillery Museum Firepower.

I only managed to go to the start of this day of events but I was very impressed by the list of events and hope to go to more next time.

I was there for the drop in by the Kings Troop and their 50 horses on their morning exercise walk. The officer gave a short talk, from his horse, about what the troop do and apologising for holding up the traffic in Woolwich when they exercise the horses! I then popped inside to have a quick chat with an air raid warden and held a World War II bomb.

OK I admit this is not art and this blog calls itself an art diary but as you’ve probably guessed we are talking, art history and events!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1