New Order : British art today

Slightly disjointed exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery giving an overview of contemporary art in Britain.

I didn’t find much of this work grabbed me and on the whole I did find it a bit lack luster and drab. I did like the sculpture by Wendy Mayer which had a feeling of the sewing box about them. The rest I am afraid left me cold. 

I must also admit to being very annoyed at this exhibition as the first time I went one of the galleries was closed for another exhibition. I thought fair enough and did the other exhibition but decided to go back and finish this one. When I went back a month or so later there was another temporary exhibition in the same space so there are some works I’ve never seen despite two visits. I did express my dismay to the attendant but just got a shrug!

Review
Times
Telegraph
Independent
Evening Standard

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1