The Independent Group: Parallel of Art & Life

Very small exhibition at the ICA on this collective to mark the 60th anniversary of its ground-breaking exhibition Parallel of Art and Life.

I just wanted more from the exhibition. It assumed a knowledge which I didn’t have so I’d have liked more explanation, although maybe if I’d read the small hand-out while I was there it might have helped. It turns out this group are known as the “Fathers of Pop” so actually fit in nicely with other exhibitions which have been on in London this year such as the Lichtenstein and now the Caulfield. However none of this was clear in the room.

An exhibition whose blurb in the hand-out promised much “evoking the ICA’s original home in Dover Street in the 1950s” but delivered little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1