Bernadette Corporation: 2000 Wasted Years

Confusing exhibition at the ICA looking at the work of this collaborative art group.

OK I confess I didn’t really understand this! It seems to be a group which started by organising parties in New York in the 1980s but over time, as people joined and left, they became a fashion label, a magazine and even published a novel.

There was a useful timeline in one room of what they’d done when and who was involved but I do admit I rather struggle with this conceptual art idea.

There were some interesting clothes on models  but  I never understood the glass box with TV screens in it which made an annoying noise but showed no pictures. Was it broken or was that it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1