Moki Cherry: Here and Now

Interesting exhibition at the ICA of work by Swedish artist, designer and educator Moki Cherry.

This show has caught my eye from an email but I’m afraid I was a bit underwhelmed. The textile hangings looked great in the space but much of the other work was dwarfed by the large gallery.

Any commentary on the pieces was via a rather densely printed leaflet which it was hard to engage with while also looking at the objects. What would have been wrong with labels? I’m afraid therefore a lot of the nuance of the show passed me but and I didn’t really get any sense of the thinking behind Cherry’s art other than it’s visual attraction.

Closed 3 September 2023

Review

Telegraph


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1