II Real Albergo dei Poveri : Giancarlo De Luca

Confusing exhibition at the Museo Archaeologico Nationale de Napoli of photographs by Giancatlo De Luca.

I say confusing as the information boards were only in Italian, which I don’t speak or read. I can’t find anything about it on their website either.

The haunting works were of the derelict II Real Albergo dei Poveri, a former hospital, which the museum plans to open as an extension for the collection and were shown in one of the galleries of Roman statues from the Farnese Collection.

The works were beautifully atmospheric and it would have been good to know more about them and the project. I love the museum so I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for developments.

Closes 11 December 2023

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1