Pan-African Flags for the Relic Travellers' Alliance

Fun installation at Westminster Underground Station by British Ghanaian artist Larry Achiampong.

Part of Achaimpong’s on-going multi-disciplinary and multi-site project ‘Relic Traveller’, this work took the iconic London Underground logo and recreated in red, green and gold, which represents African diasporic identities. Red and green are for the land, the people and the struggles the continent has endured, while gold represents a new day and prosperity. 

There were eight new logos used throughout the stations. I must admit they had been awhile before I spotted them. In my defence I walk through the station more than I actually use it but , once I had realised there was art about, I really loved this work as the logos maintained their function and brand while being a bit different an innovative.

Closes 29 February 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1