Olafur Eliasson: In Real Life


Disappointing exhibition at Tate Modern of new and older work by Olafur Eliasson.

I realise I might be in a minority of one in being disappointed in this show. I think I’d read such amazing things about it that it was going to be hard to live up to the hype. Also I am getting a bit fed up of contemporary art that has to be an experience. I’m quite happy to just look I don’t need to be doing!

Having said that there were some works in this show I loved such as the light effect work shown here called “Your Uncertain Shadow (colour)” from 2010 which projected a colourful shadow of the people in the room. I liked the gentle sound of “Wavemachines” in the first room but it was hard to hear them over the chatter in the room.

I did chicken out of the fog corridor but enjoyed “Beauty” with a thin mist of water in a dark room and was intrigued by the light effect outside the lifts on the floor of the exhibition

Closes on 5 January 2020

Reviews



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1