Zoe Leonard: Aerials


Intriguing exhibition at Hauser & Wirth of photographs by Zoe Leonard.

These pictures were aerial photographs which seemed to abstract the subject and make you look closely at the details. My favourites were those of towns and cities reducing them to a grid pattern but they pulled you eye in to look for signs of people.  I liked the way they were framed by the black edge of the negative so they felt self-contained. I also liked one of a tiny boat on a huge expanse of sea.

I liked the way these pictures were shown like painted art works however I thought they were a bit small and dull for this large space, although again it made you go up and look at the detail.

Closed on 9 February 2019

Comments

Anonymous said…
You made some clear points there. I did a search on the subject and found most
people will agree with your blog.
Anonymous said…
I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

I am quite sure I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1